Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Beast and 1/2 of Death

"ain't no pussy
      like old pussy
              what know what it want
                           and love what it get"
     - b.a. green

Three volumes of the obscure words of some dirty old man, was enough to affirm me that you can continue being a smart ass, hedonist even in the shadow of death. Self-published volumes of assorted writings in your twilight years seems to make a statement saying, "I have lived the way I wanted to live, this is how I feel, and this is what I got out of living, learn from me, or at least be entertained from me." It is kind of an egotistical, self-imposed, life-of-the-party type of mentality, but in this instance, the bastard is likable and entertaining enough that no one seems to mind, and in fact, they seem enticed. Bernard A. Green seems to combine his love of black and blue comedy, twisting his love of the crude and sarcasm, with hints of feminism and philosophy, neatly packaged in lowercase letters and vernacular from half a century ago when things were still Modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment